Regardless of where you live, work, or travel, we’re as close as the nearest Shared Branch – enabling you to access hundreds of branch locations, nationwide.
To find a location, click here
What can you do at a shared branch?
- Pay your GPFCU loan
- Verify account balances
- Withdraw cash or check
- Transfer funds
- Deposit cash or check
What cannot be done at a shared branch?
- New Account Services
- Account Maintenance
- Change of address
- Change of name
- Stop payment requests
- Loan Applications or loan closings
- IRA Contributions or Withdrawals
- Certificates of Deposit (purchase, withdrawal, and/or renewal)
- Wire Transfers
What do you need when visiting a shared branch?
- Your Identification (expired ID’s will not be accepted)
- Your account number
- The name of the credit union you are a member with (Greater Pittsburgh FCU)
- The last 4 digits of your social
You must have these items in order to conduct business at a shared branch location. If the representative there cannot verify you in three attempts, your request will be denied.
|Digits in Member No.||Shared Branching Account Number|
|6||01 * * * * * * 0|
|5||010 * * * * * 0|
|4||0100 * * * * 0|
|The * represents your member number. Your member number is the number you used to enroll into online banking.|
|Your shared branching account number should be 9 digits total.|